May 28, 2013 by b2bwest
If you believe the introduction, read no more…
If you have heard the excuses, Its time to remedy them and put the record straight. The excuses that one hears (frustratingly) almost daily are:-
- It isn’t part of your job description.
- You’re overworked and underpaid.
- The customer is not always right.
- You had a terrible day and just need to be alone.
- You don’t have the right tools to deliver great service.
- Your customers just want a good deal, they don’t care about the experience.
- The customer is unreasonable and rude.
- Another department is responsible for what the customer wanted.
- Your company hasn’t made customer service a priority.
- Your bonus isn’t based on customer service, so why spend any time on it.
- The customer didn’t complain, so they must have been happy.
- You had too much to do and other people were waiting. You couldn’t spend all that time with just one customer.
Every single one of those things will probably be true at one point or another.
Whether you choose to accept them as an excuse is up to you.
- The Art of Customer Service (domo.com)